Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Constantly adore them....

My girls

So, I am saying something everyone already knows. I can be a little starry eyed when it comes to my kids. Is this not my job? It is in the Mommy Handbook.

I had a terrible case of empty nest last year. I felt as though I was in mourning. I will say I did a good job at coveting every part of many moments of their lives. I made many mistakes - too many to remember the way I wanted. There were many things that were grace filled, the ones no one can replace. That is just the way it is.

Looking back, I wanted them to be little just a little longer. I could hug them more when you are that little, hugs from Mom come easier. Now some of them are parents and have their own "Wow" moments. They will know the trials and gifts of their babies as I did. Ahhhhh to be young, life is good.
my boys and their boys