Sunday, February 19, 2012

Our neighborhood...anywhere USA

My station....
Briarwood, NY, USA

I came to this place in 1974 to start and raise my family, who knew I would still be here and loving the place. It has a library which we have fought for to stay open, a small post office, we have even been in a movie with our famous Circus Car Wash. We have good public schools, private schools, a Catholic High School, little league, churches, synagogues, apartment buildings and private homes - pretty compact for a neighborhood in NYC.

We have made life long friends and yes we even have court houses and a cemetery. Once upon a time I was elected to the PTA, Board of Directors and held public office for a short time representing this area. Who knew?

It continues to be a lovely place with tree lined streets and very accesible to Manhattan and parkways, nestled between two NYC airports a travelers dream of comfort and ease. Ease, ease to be...I have been giving that alot of thought of late. Thirty-eight years has come and gone so quickly. I have not always lived in the same house but Briarwood, Queens has been my neighborhood.