Saturday, January 14, 2012

Stitches in the small things...


Baby Blanket made by Lisa Chin

We recently caught up to a friend whom I have known forever it seems. He makes it so comfy to just listen and really "be there" for me. The treasure of friendship is ease. The ease in which we slip into being safe to share.

I have been thinking of our visit all week, nothing spectacular happened. We had breakfast at a diner - eggs, sausage and coffee. Simple? I came to appreciate with deep understanding the gift of laughter and the grace of time.Weird, we do not physically see each other often. Once in a blue moon - an airport, a common event now and then. Shortly we will be off on a journey far away as we follow our passions overseas or a few blocks away and we wish each other well.

I look forward to keeping in touch by modern correspondence - not quite the same. There are great smiles you miss, juicier comments and heart felt hugs. We wish each other well

My BFF (best friends forever) echo the beginner quilters I have taught. There are many parts in making a patchwork quilt. It has many steps and can try your patience - it is in the care in each step and stitch that adds to the beauty of the finished piece.

Peace,
Suz